By using the Site, you consent to the data practices described in this policy. If you do not agree with the data practices described here, you should not use the Site or Apps.
Information We Collect
We collect information about you in three ways: directly from your input, from your use of the Site and Apps, and from third-party services.
Information you provide directly:
- Contact information, such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other information you directly provide on the Site or Apps.
- Profile information that you provide for your user account, such as a display name, profile photo, interests, preferences, etc.
- Communications between you and SMProtips, such as when you contact us via email or otherwise communicate with us via the Site, Apps, or social media.
- Payment and billing information when you buy products or services from us, such as credit card details.
- Information you provide in public forums on the Site and Apps, such as comments, posts, photos, videos, etc.
Information we collect from your use of the Site and Apps
- Device information such as your IP address, unique device IDs, browser type, operating system, mobile network carrier, and device settings.
- Usage information about your activity on the Site and Apps, such as pages or content you view, searches you conduct, date and time of your visits, links you click, ads you interact with, etc.
- Location information such as your device’s GPS signal, nearby WiFi networks, beacon signals, etc. We get this information when you enable location services on mobile Apps.
- Cookies, which are text files with small amounts of information that are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies allow the Site and Apps to remember your browsing activity. You can disable cookies through your browser settings but it may impact your ability to use the Site or Apps.
- Local storage technologies like browser web storage and application data caches. These help store your information locally to improve your experience, save your preferences, and more.
- Log data such as server logs, technical information about your use of the Site and Apps, and analytics data.
Information we collect from third-party services
- Social media information if you link, connect, or login to your SMProtips account via social media, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc. This includes your profile info, friends list, photo, username, etc.
- Demographic and interest data from third party partners about your preferences.
- Payment processor information if you make purchases through the Site or Apps. This is needed to process your payment properly.
How We Use Information
We use your information for things like:
- Providing, maintaining, improving, and developing relevant features and functionality of the Site and Apps
- Enabling you to access, use, or interact with the Site, Apps, and their content
- Designing, implementing, and communicating updates, offers, promotions, contests, or events that may be of interest to you
- Meeting legal requirements like complying with all applicable laws and regulations
- Performing analytics to better understand how users access and use the Site and Apps
- Doing market research and analysis to improve our services and user experience
- Preventing fraud, misuse, or inappropriate use of the Site, Apps, and our services
- Linking or combining information we have collected directly and from third parties to help understand your needs, interests, and preferences
- Enforcing our Terms of Service or other legal rights
- Communicating with you, such as by email, surveys, or notifications
- Customizing content, advertisements, and offers for you or for groups matched to your interests
- Creating new tools, products, services, analyses, and reports including data aggregations and anonymizations
How We Share Information
We do not share your personal information with third parties without your consent, except in the following circumstances:
Service providers: We may share your information with third-party companies and individuals we hire to provide services on our behalf, such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology services, customer service, email delivery services, credit card processing, auditing, marketing, and advertising services, etc. These third parties only have access to the information needed to perform the services for which they are contracted. They are required to maintain confidentiality and not use the information for any other purpose.
Business transfers: Information about users of SMProtips may be disclosed and transferred in connection with any merger, sale of company assets, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy where we are involved. In such an event, we will ensure that the confidentiality of any personal information is maintained and notified to affected users before any transfer or disclosure.
Aggregated or anonymized data: We may disclose or share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you, such as usage statistics, demographics, and other user analytics.
With your consent: We may share other information with your consent or at your request and direction.
We do not sell your personal information to third parties for monetary or other consideration.
You have several choices available regarding information collection and communications:
- Opt-out of marketing communications: You may opt-out of receiving promotional communications from us by using the unsubscribe link within each email, updating your email preferences within your account settings menu, or contacting us to have your contact information removed. Even if you opt-out of promotional communications, we may still need to contact you with important information about the Site, Apps, or your account.
- Access and update your information: You can access, review, update, correct, or delete your account information and preferences by logging into your account and editing your settings and profile. If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, please email us at [privacy&smprotips.com] (use @ for &). Note that we may retain certain information if required by law or for our legitimate business purposes.
- Modify cookie settings: You can modify your browser settings to control cookies. Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact your ability to use parts of the Site or Apps.
- Mobile app permissions: You can manage the data permissions that mobile apps have by changing the settings on your mobile device.
- Location services: You can enable or disable location services when using our mobile apps by changing the settings on your mobile device.
GDPR Privacy Rights
If you reside in the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain privacy rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We take reasonable steps to enable you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your personal information.
- You have the right to access your personal information and to be informed about how it is processed. You may submit a request to us for information we have collected about you.
- You have the right to rectify any inaccurate personal information we have about you. You may submit a request to have inaccurate information corrected.
- You have the right to request erasure of your personal information. You may submit a request for the deletion of your personal data and we will comply unless we have a lawful basis for retaining it.
- You have the right to object to or restrict our processing of your personal information when we rely on legitimate interest. You may submit a request to object to our processing and we will comply unless we have a lawful basis for continuing processing.
- You have the right to data portability of the information you provided to us. You may submit a request to obtain your personal data for your own purposes.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe we are misusing or mishandling your personal information. We encourage you to contact us first to resolve any complaints or concerns.
CCPA Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have certain rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
- You have the right to know what personal information we collect, use, and disclose about you. You may submit a request to us for details.
- You have the right to request deletion of your personal information. You may submit a verified request for the deletion of your data.
- You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information. We do not sell your personal information.
- You have the right to not face discrimination for exercising your CCPA rights. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your privacy rights.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes, to complete transactions, or to comply with legal obligations. You may contact us to exercise your CCPA rights.