Yes, it is possible to download your LinkedIn profile photo. LinkedIn allows users to upload a photo for their profile that will be visible to their connections and visitors to their profile. This photo can then be downloaded by the user if they wish to save a copy for themselves or use it elsewhere.
Why would you want to download your LinkedIn photo?
There are several reasons why a LinkedIn user may want to download their profile photo:
- To use the photo for another social media profile or website. For example, if you want to maintain the same profile photo across multiple platforms.
- To print out a copy of the photo.
- To make edits or touch ups to the photo using image editing software before re-uploading.
- To backup or archive a copy of the photo for your records.
- If you are closing your LinkedIn account but want to keep your profile photo.
Downloading your LinkedIn profile picture allows you to have a reusable copy that is not tied specifically to your LinkedIn profile.
How to download your LinkedIn profile photo
Downloading your LinkedIn photo is easy to do through the LinkedIn website:
- Go to LinkedIn.com and log into your account.
- Click on your profile icon at the top right of the screen.
- From the dropdown menu, click “View profile”.
- On your profile page, right click on your profile photo and choose “Save image as…” (on Chrome and Firefox) or “Save picture as…” (on Internet Explorer).
- Choose where you want to save the photo on your computer.
- Click save. Your profile photo will be downloaded to your computer.
You now have a copy of your LinkedIn profile photo saved on your computer that you can access anytime, even without a LinkedIn account.
How to download your LinkedIn profile photo on mobile
If you want to download your LinkedIn profile picture through the mobile app, the process is very similar:
- Open the LinkedIn app on your iPhone or Android phone.
- Tap on your profile icon at the top left of the screen.
- Tap “View profile”.
- On your profile screen, tap and hold your profile picture until a menu pops up.
- Choose “Save image” or “Download image”.
- The photo will be saved to your phone’s gallery.
Following these steps allows you to save a copy of your LinkedIn photo directly from the mobile app.
Changing or updating your LinkedIn profile photo
If you want to update your profile picture on LinkedIn, you can simply upload a new photo:
- Go to your profile page.
- Hover over your existing photo and click the camera icon that appears.
- Choose to upload a photo from your computer or take a new one with your webcam.
- Crop and edit the photo as needed.
- Click “Save”.
Your new profile photo will now be visible to anyone who views your LinkedIn profile. The previous version will no longer be visible but any copies you downloaded will still be available on your computer or phone.
Photo size and dimension requirements
LinkedIn requires profile photos to meet certain size and dimension requirements:
- Minimum size of 400×400 pixels
- Square photo with a 1:1 aspect ratio
- JPG, PNG, or GIF format
- Maximum file size of 8MB
Keeping your photo within these parameters ensures it will look correct on your LinkedIn profile across all devices and screens. Failing to meet the requirements will result in LinkedIn automatically cropping and formatting the photo when uploaded.
Tips for a good LinkedIn profile picture
To make a good impression with your LinkedIn photo, keep these tips in mind:
- Use a current, professional-looking headshot of just you (no group photos).
- Dress appropriately for your industry and company culture.
- Look directly at the camera with good posture and a smile.
- Ensure the photo is well-lit and in focus.
- The background should be neutral and not distracting.
- Avoid selfies and ask someone else to take the photo.
- Have the photo taken by a quality camera, not a cell phone.
A professional, high-quality headshot helps build your brand and trustworthiness on LinkedIn. Downloading your profile photo allows you to reuse it consistently across other sites and platforms.
Whenever you share a photo online, it’s a good idea to consider any privacy risks. While your LinkedIn profile may be visible only to your direct connections, keep in mind that:
- Your photo could be copied, downloaded or shared by anyone who can see your profile.
- Google or other search engines may cache or index your profile picture, making it viewable even without a LinkedIn account.
- Your connections or others viewing your profile may save or screenshot your photo.
So only upload a profile photo you are comfortable being publicly visible and potentially replicated online without your knowledge. Avoid uploading anything too private or sensitive.
If you encounter any issues downloading your LinkedIn profile picture, here are some troubleshooting tips:
- Check your internet connection and try again, as a weak or unstable connection may disrupt the download.
- Try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies and attempt the download again.
- Double check that you are following the correct steps to download the photo.
- Test downloading another photo from a website to see if the issue is browser or computer-specific.
- Update your browser or try a different browser like Chrome or Firefox.
If the problem persists across browsers, your network connection may be the culprit. Contacting LinkedIn support is another option if you cannot resolve the issue.
Downloading your LinkedIn profile photo is simple to do, either through the website or mobile app. This allows you to reuse your professional photo in other places, update it when needed, and have a copy saved offline. Just be sure to choose an appropriate, high-quality headshot and be aware that any photo you upload to your LinkedIn profile can potentially be seen and shared by others online.