If you ever need to print out your LinkedIn messages for record keeping or other purposes, there are a few different ways you can do it directly from LinkedIn on both desktop and mobile. Here’s a quick rundown of the options:
Printing Messages on Desktop
On the LinkedIn website, printing messages is easy whether you want to print a single message or an entire conversation thread.
Printing a Single Message
To print just one LinkedIn message on desktop:
- Open the message you want to print.
- Click the three dot “More” menu in the upper right corner of the message.
- Select “Print message” from the dropdown menu.
This will open your browser’s print dialog box. From here you can choose your printer and print settings before hitting print to print out the individual message.
Printing a Conversation Thread
If you need to print an entire back-and-forth conversation on LinkedIn:
- Open the conversation thread you want to print.
- At the top of the thread, click the “Print conversation” link.
Just like printing a single message, this will bring up your browser’s print dialog box so you can configure printing options before printing out the full conversation.
Printing LinkedIn Messages on Mobile
The LinkedIn mobile app also lets you easily print messages and conversations. The process is very similar to the desktop instructions above.
Printing a Single Message on Mobile
To print one LinkedIn message from your phone or tablet:
- Open the message.
- Tap the three dot “More” menu in the top right corner.
- Choose “Print message” from the menu.
Tapping print will bring up your mobile device’s printing options. From here you can choose to print over WiFi, AirPrint, or other connected printers.
Printing a Conversation on Mobile
Printing a full conversation works the same way:
- Open the conversation thread.
- Tap the “Print conversation” link at the top of the thread.
You’ll then be able to select printing options and print out the entire back-and-forth conversation from your phone or tablet.
Here are some quick tips to get the best results when printing LinkedIn messages and conversations:
- Check your printer settings first – Make sure paper size, orientation, and other options are set correctly.
- Print in landscape orientation – Messages and conversations tend to print better horizontally.
- Use plain text view – Switch to plain text before printing for cleaner formatting.
- Adjust browser print settings – Scale size, set margins, or enable headers/footers in your browser’s print dialog box.
- Print selective messages – You can print just a portion of a long conversation thread by selecting the date range.
With the print options directly available in both the LinkedIn website and mobile apps, it’s super easy to get a physical record of your conversations. Next time you need to print LinkedIn messages, just follow the steps outlined above.
Why You Might Want to Print LinkedIn Messages
Here are some of the main reasons you may want or need to print out LinkedIn messages and conversations:
- Record keeping – Printed copies can serve as records of important conversations relating to work, business dealings, job searches, recruiting, etc.
- Sharing offline – Printouts allow you to share LinkedIn conversations with others without having to give online access.
- Easier reading – Some people find longer conversations easier to parse and engage with on printed paper.
- Legal purposes – Printed copies may be useful for documenting communication in legal situations.
- Tracking progress – Printing periodical extracts of long conversations can help you stay organized and track progress.
- WiFi not available – Printing allows offline access when internet connectivity is limited.
Of course, not every LinkedIn conversation is print-worthy. But for important professional communication, having the option to print LinkedIn messages can be very useful.
When printing and sharing LinkedIn conversations, keep the following privacy considerations in mind:
- Respect confidentiality – Don’t share private messages without permission.
- Consider audience – Printed copies can be seen by many, so print/share judiciously.
- Anonymize if needed – Omit names/details in sensitive situations.
- Double check content – Make sure no private data is unintentionally included.
- Secure storage – Keep printed copies in a safe, restricted access space if sensitive.
- Proper disposal – Shred unneeded printouts instead of just trashing them.
Following basic privacy best practices helps maintain trust and your professional reputation on LinkedIn.
Troubleshooting LinkedIn Printing Problems
In some cases, you may encounter issues when trying to print LinkedIn messages and conversations. Here is some troubleshooting advice for common problems:
Can’t Find Print Options
- Make sure you have the latest version of the LinkedIn app or are using the website in a supported browser.
- Older LinkedIn versions may not support printing.
- Check that you have permission to view the message – printing is not available for restricted messages.
- Refresh page or restart app if print options still missing.
Printer Not Responding
- Check printer connection and power.
- Ensure printer has paper, ink/toner.
- Confirm default printer is set correctly on device.
- Try a print test page to isolate issue.
- Restart computer/device and printer.
Error Printing Conversation
- Very long conversations may fail to print. Try selecting a date range to print only a portion of the conversation.
- Switch browser to print using plain text mode instead of HTML.
- Message content with images/attachments may cause issues – print selectively.
Blank Pages Printing
- Check printer alignment and test with a sample page.
- Try using landscape mode and increasing browser margins.
- Select a larger paper size if message content is getting cut off.
- Switch browser print settings to print background colors and images.
If you continue having trouble printing LinkedIn messages, you may need to contact LinkedIn support or your printer manufacturer for further assistance.