Saving LinkedIn messages can be very useful for LinkedIn members. It allows you to easily find and reference past conversations and information later. Here are some key things LinkedIn members should know about saving LinkedIn messages:
Why Save LinkedIn Messages?
There are several reasons LinkedIn members may want to save their LinkedIn messages:
- To easily find and reference information shared in past messages and conversations
- To follow up on past messages and continue conversations later
- To keep track of messages from important connections
- To save messages with useful information, links, files, etc. for future reference
- To have a record of conversations about job opportunities, business deals, etc.
- To save messages you may need later for your records
How to Save LinkedIn Messages
Saving LinkedIn messages is easy. Here are the steps:
- Open the LinkedIn message you want to save in your inbox.
- Click on the “More” icon (three dots) at the top right of the message.
- Select “Save” from the dropdown menu.
The message will now have a blue “Saved” label and be moved to the “Saved” tab in your messages. It will remain there until you choose to delete it.
Finding and Viewing Saved Messages
To view your saved LinkedIn messages:
- Go to your LinkedIn messages inbox.
- Click on the “Saved” tab at the top left.
- You will see a list of all your saved messages.
- Click on any message to open and view it.
If you want to remove a message from your saved items:
- Go to the “Saved” tab in your messages.
- Locate the message you want to unsave.
- Click on the “More” icon.
- Select “Unsave” from the dropdown menu.
The message will be removed from your saved messages and returned to your general inbox or archives if it is an old message.
Limits on Saving Messages
LinkedIn currently allows you to save up to 250 messages at a time. If you try to save more, you will need to delete some existing saved messages first.
Saved messages do not expire on their own. You have to manually delete them.
On LinkedIn, you can only save individual messages, not entire conversations. To save a conversation, you will need to save each message in it that you want to keep.
Who Can See Your Saved Messages
Only you can see your saved LinkedIn messages. Other people connected to you on LinkedIn cannot view them.
Saving Messages on Mobile
Saving LinkedIn messages works the same way in the LinkedIn mobile app as it does on the desktop website:
- Open the message you want to save.
- Tap the “More” icon (three dots).
- Select “Save” to save the message.
To view saved messages in the app, tap on “Saved” at the top of your messages screen. You can unsave and delete messages here too.
Downloading Your Saved Messages
Unfortunately, there is currently no way to download all your saved LinkedIn messages at once. You have to download them individually:
- Open the saved message.
- Click the “More” icon.
- Choose “Download” to save the message to your computer.
You can also copy and paste message text if you want to save it elsewhere.
Deleted Messages Cannot Be Recovered
If you delete a saved message, there is no way to recover it. LinkedIn does not store or back up deleted messages. This is why saving important messages you may need later can be useful.
Alternative Saving Options
If you want to preserve important LinkedIn messages outside of LinkedIn’s saved feature, you have a few options:
- Forward or copy and paste the message text into an email or document for your records
- Take screenshots of the messages
- Use a third party LinkedIn messaging tool to backup your conversations
- Saving LinkedIn messages keeps them easily accessible in your “Saved” tab.
- You can save up to 250 LinkedIn messages at one time.
- Other LinkedIn members cannot see your saved messages.
- Saved LinkedIn messages remain available until you delete them.
- You cannot recover deleted saved messages, so you may want to back them up.