LinkedIn Recruiter is LinkedIn’s recruitment platform that allows employers to post jobs, search LinkedIn profiles, and connect with potential candidates. Like other job boards, LinkedIn Recruiter offers both free and paid job posting options. While free job postings can help employers cast a wide net, paid job postings offer several advantages that can help attract and engage top talent more efficiently.
Wider reach and visibility for job postings
One of the biggest advantages of paying to post jobs on LinkedIn Recruiter is increased reach and visibility. Paid job ads are more prominently displayed and targeted to relevant candidates based on their LinkedIn profile and activity. This gives paid job postings a much wider reach than free postings.
According to LinkedIn, paid job postings on Recruiter can reach up to 5-6 times more candidates than free postings. Some key stats:
– Paid jobs on LinkedIn Recruiter reach on average over 300,000 professionals in the first week.
– Sponsored jobs are 30-60% more likely to receive applications compared to organic postings.
– Only 25% of LinkedIn members actively look for jobs. Paid targeting exposes postings to passive candidates open to new roles.
So by boosting visibility and putting job postings in front of more relevant people, paid ads significantly expand an employer’s talent pool. This is critical for attracting qualified applicants and hiring the best person.
Advanced targeting options
LinkedIn Recruiter offers extensive targeting options to ensure paid job postings reach the most relevant audience. Employers can target by:
– Job function
– Seniority level
– Company size
– Groups and interests
– LinkedIn engagement
– Browsing history
– And more
This advanced targeting allows employers to hone in on very specific demographics and engage passive candidates who aren’t actively job searching. They can also integrate screening questions into ads to filter candidates.
In short, paid job ads on LinkedIn Recruiter provide unparalleled targeting precision to get job postings in front of top candidates.
Performance tracking and optimization
LinkedIn Recruiter provides robust analytics on paid job postings. Employers can see key metrics like:
– Cost per click
– Source of applicants
These insights allow for data-driven optimization of job ads over time. For example, employers may adjust targeting criteria, bidding, or ad copy to improve results if needed. Paid postings can also be A/B tested against free postings to compare performance.
This level of tracking and optimization enables employers to refine their recruitment strategy and cost-effectively source quality candidates.
Brand exposure and thought leadership
In addition to attracting applicants, paid job postings provide a valuable employer branding opportunity. They allow companies to increase brand visibility and establish thought leadership in front of targeted audience segments.
For example, a company can publish job ads with compelling, insightful employer branding content – not just a generic job description. This content marketing positions the company as an attractive, leading employer.
Paid posting options like sponsored InMail also facilitate direct employer-candidate engagement at scale, which builds relationships with prospective talent. So paid job ads provide both brand lift and a recruiting edge.
Streamlined process and management
Posting jobs on LinkedIn Recruiter provides a streamlined, unified platform for managing the entire recruitment process in one place. Employers can:
– Post jobs to LinkedIn, company career site, and other platforms.
– Search LinkedIn profiles and contact candidates.
– Track applications and workflow.
– Schedule interviews and coordinate hiring team.
– Leverage analytics and reports to refine strategy.
This creates efficiency, continuity, and simplicity compared to juggling multiple platforms. The sophistication of LinkedIn Recruiter coupled with the targeting and reach of paid job ads makes filling roles much easier.
While paid job postings involve an upfront investment, the depth of targeting andreach offered make them very cost-effective in terms of:
– Cost per click (CPC) – Paid postings have lower average CPC than Google Ads.
– Cost per applicant- With targeted reach, employers pay less per applicant compared to general job boards.
– Time and resources required – Recruitment process is streamlined and simplified.
– Quality of talent reached – Advanced targeting surfaces more relevant, passive candidates.
According to LinkedIn, members who engage with paid job postings are 3x more likely to apply. So the ROI is very strong in terms of connecting with and engaging qualified candidates efficiently.
While free job postings have a role in casting a wide net, paid job postings on LinkedIn Recruiter offer powerful targeting capabilities and expansive reach that more efficiently connects employers with quality talent. The advantages include:
– Broader visibility and reach, especially to passive candidates.
– Sophisticated audience targeting to surface the most relevant talent.
– Robust tracking and optimization to refine strategy over time.
– Employer branding exposure to establish thought leadership.
– Streamlined end-to-end recruitment management.
– Strong ROI – Lower CPC and cost per applicant compared to alternatives.
For any recruitment role, paid job postings on LinkedIn Recruiter are an impactful investment to fill roles faster with qualified talent. The combination of targeting precision, process efficiency, and brand exposure provides major advantages over free job listings.