Why Would You Want a Company Button in Your Email Signature?
A company button in your email signature allows you to promote your business and drive traffic to your website. When you include a clickable button with your company name or logo, it’s a quick and easy way to get your brand in front of new contacts. Some key benefits of adding a company button to your LinkedIn email signature include:
- Increased brand awareness – A company button helps reinforce your brand and make it more memorable.
- Credibility – It identifies you as an official representative of your business.
- Lead generation – Directs people to your website to learn more about your products/services.
- Analytics – You can track clicks on your button to see how well it converts.
So in summary, a company button makes your emails more professional, demonstrates your affiliation, and gives readers a convenient way to learn more or get in touch. It’s an impactful but simple upgrade to make to your LinkedIn signature.
How to Add a Company Button in LinkedIn’s Email Settings
Adding a company button to your LinkedIn email signature is easy and can be done right within your account settings. Here is a step-by-step guide:
- Go to your LinkedIn profile and click on the “Me” icon at the top of your homepage.
- From the dropdown menu, select “Settings & Privacy.”
- On the left side of the page, click on “Email.”
- Under “Email Signature,” click the toggle to turn your signature on.
- Customize the styling and content of your signature however you want.
- Click the “+” icon to add a button. Choose “Company” as the button type.
- Select your company name. The associated LinkedIn Company Page link will automatically populate.
- If desired, edit the button text to say something like “Learn More” instead of your company name.
- Preview how the button looks within your full signature and make any adjustments.
- Click “Save.”
And that’s it! Now your new signature with a clickable company button will be included on all emails you send through LinkedIn.
How to Add HTML Formatting to Your Button
To make your company button stand out, you may want to apply some custom HTML formatting. This allows you to style the button with elements like colors, font changes, borders, etc.
Here is an example formatted button HTML code:
<a style=”background-color:#0073B1;color:#FFF;font-size: 16px;font-weight: bold;padding:10px 15px;border-radius: 5px; text-decoration:none;” href=”https://www.yourcompany.com”>Visit Our Website</a>
To add HTML formatting to your LinkedIn email signature button:
- Follow the steps above to insert your company button.
- Click the edit icon on the inserted button to open styling options.
- Select “Custom HTML” for the button type.
- Paste or enter your desired HTML styling code.
- Preview and test the styled button.
- Click “Save” when it looks how you want.
You can tweak the HTML to suit your brand colors, sizing, fonts, etc. Just be sure to properly open and close HTML tags. This makes the button stand out and drives more clicks!
Third-Party Email Signature Tools
Manually adding a company button through LinkedIn’s settings works just fine. However, some users prefer to use a third-party email signature generator for greater customization options.
With tools like WiseStamp, Sigstr, and Newoldstamp, you can create a signature with:
- Multiple social media buttons/icons
- Logos and images
- Links to other landing pages
- Advanced styling and designs
- Layouts with multiple columns
- Integration with marketing and analytics platforms
The benefits of third-party generators include:
- More design freedom – Better colors, fonts, spacing choices
- Additional features like click tracking
- Save multiple signatures for different uses
- Don’t have to manually update when changes are needed
The downside is there may be a learning curve with these tools versus LinkedIn’s native option. Most offer free packages with limited features and paid plans for access to premium functionality.
Adding a branded, clickable company button to your LinkedIn email signature is a great way to drive more attention and traffic for your business. The simplest method is to use LinkedIn’s built-in settings to insert a button linked to your Company Page. For increased customization options, check out dedicated email signature builder tools. Just make sure to thoroughly test your signature across platforms before widely implementing it. A well-designed company button in your emails can yield big dividends through increased brand impressions, website visits and lead generation.
Does a company button work for personal LinkedIn accounts?
Yes, you can add a company button to your signature even if you have a personal LinkedIn profile. Simply select your company name when configuring the button in your email settings.
Can I add multiple buttons?
LinkedIn’s default option only allows inserting one button. To add multiple, you would need to use custom HTML or an external email signature builder that supports it.
Is there a size limit for the button image/logo?
LinkedIn does not appear to enforce strict size limits. However, very large images may get compressed or distorted. For best results, keep button logos reasonably sized in the range of 125 x 125 pixels.
Do company buttons work in the LinkedIn mobile app?
Yes, company buttons will be displayed in email signatures when composing messages through LinkedIn’s iOS and Android apps. However, the custom styling may render differently or get stripped out.
Can I create a text-only button without a logo or image?
Absolutely. Your company button does not need to include a logo. You can create a text-only button using your company name if preferred.