Archiving a project in LinkedIn Recruiter allows you to remove it from your main view while still keeping it accessible should you need to refer back to it. Archiving is useful for clearing your current project list once a recruiting effort is complete, while maintaining a record of your past efforts.
When to Archive a LinkedIn Recruiter Project
In general, you should archive a LinkedIn Recruiter project when you have finished hiring for that particular role or set of openings. Reasons you may want to archive a project include:
- The project has been completed and all open positions have been filled.
- The hiring needs for the project have been put on hold or cancelled.
- You want to clean up your list of active projects to focus on more current recruiting efforts.
Archiving old or inactive projects helps keep your LinkedIn Recruiter account more organized and manageable. Having too many open projects can become confusing and make it difficult to focus on current priorities.
How to Archive a Project in LinkedIn Recruiter
Archiving a project in LinkedIn Recruiter is a simple process that can be completed in just a few steps:
- Open LinkedIn Recruiter and go to the My Projects page.
- Locate the project you want to archive in the list.
- Click on the “More” button (the button with three dots) to the right of the project name.
- Select “Archive” from the dropdown menu.
- In the confirmation pop-up, click “Archive” again to confirm.
The project will now be removed from your main project list and archived. You’ll see a message confirming the project was archived successfully.
Where to Find Archived Projects
Once a project has been archived, it will no longer show up in your list of active projects. However, you can still access it when needed by taking the following steps:
- Go to the My Projects page in LinkedIn Recruiter.
- Click on “Archived Projects” located on the right side of the page.
- This will display a list of all your archived projects. Click on the project name to access it.
Archived projects remain dormant but can be reactivated at any time by clicking “Unarchive” from this view.
What Happens When a Project is Archived
Archiving a project removes it from your daily view, but it remains stored in LinkedIn Recruiter with all its data intact. Here’s an overview of what happens when a project is archived:
- The project will no longer display in your list of active projects.
- Any open jobs or candidates associated with the project remain tied to it behind the scenes.
- You can still access the project, its jobs, candidates, and any other data from the Archived Projects view.
- Metrics and analytics for the project will remain accessible.
- The project can be unarchived to make it active again at any time.
Essentially, archiving just removes the surface-level visibility of a project. But everything tied to that project is still there if you need to access it again.
Unarchiving a Project
If you need to access an archived LinkedIn Recruiter project more frequently again, you can unarchive it. Unarchiving brings a project back into your main working view. To unarchive a project:
- Go to Archived Projects and locate the project.
- Click the “More” button next to the name.
- Select “Unarchive” from the dropdown menu.
- In the confirmation pop-up, click “Unarchive” again.
The project will now appear again in your list of active projects. All its existing data will remain intact.
Best Practices for Archiving Projects
Here are some best practices to keep in mind when archiving LinkedIn Recruiter projects:
- Archive projects as soon as hiring is complete to keep your working view uncluttered.
- Give projects clear and consistent naming conventions for easy reference later.
- Take a quick look at metrics before archiving to help inform future hiring efforts.
- Remember to go back and check archived projects if you need to fill similar roles in the future.
- Periodically review and purge old, obsolete archived projects to keep your account clean.
Archiving vs. Deleting Projects
Archiving a project is different than deleting it. When you archive a project, it is simply removed from view but retained in the system should you need to access it again. Deleting a project erases it permanently. Here’s a comparison:
|Archiving a Project
|Deleting a Project
|Not visible in main view, but accessible from Archived Projects
|Completely removed from view
|All data associated with project retained
|All data associated with project deleted
|Can unarchive to restore project
|Can’t retrieve deleted project or data
In most cases, archiving is preferable to deletion. It keeps your account organized while allowing you to retain records of past recruiting efforts. Only delete projects that you are absolutely sure are obsolete.
Archiving projects is an important organizatiional process in LinkedIn Recruiter. It allows you to clean up your current project list while preserving valuable data related to your recruiting efforts. The key steps include:
- Archiving completed or cancelled projects to remove them from your main view.
- Accessing archived projects under “Archived Projects” when needed.
- Unarchiving projects if you need to make them active again.
- Avoiding deleting projects unless the data is truly obsolete.
Using archiving effectively will help you keep your LinkedIn Recruiter account clutter-free and focused on the projects that matter most right now. But you’ll still have the records of your past efforts if you ever need to refer back to them. So don’t be afraid to archive projects to stay organized – you can always retrieve them later!